I love twinkly lights. Add decorative light to any occasion and somehow it seems a little more magical. These luminaries were made with tissue paper and Xyron adhesive. There's no dry time and you can customize the look however you like using your own favorite tissue paper. Add a sealer and your own hanger and you could put these where ever you like.
- Glass jars
- Tissue paper
- Xyron machine and adhesive (I used the 9″ Creative Station)
- Twine, ribbon or other accents
- Run tissue paper through your Xyron machine. If you have a hard time getting the paper started, add a little strip of paper or tape to the end of the tissue paper, put this end into the machine first. This will give the machine a little more to grab on to. You'll want to roll the paper through slowly to watch for wrinkles.
- Cut the tissue/adhesive paper into strips. You can also start off with strips of tissue paper, see image below.
- Carefully peal the end of the adhesive paper backing off of the tissue paper, apply to jar. As you remove backing, apply tissue to jar and continue until the jar is covered as desired. The trick is to apply and peal at the same time or you'll end up with tissue stuck to itself and a big sticky mess.
- Add layers of tissue to create a different look.
- Finish your luminary by adding extra accents such as twine or rough cut fabric wrapped around the piece.
Adding different tissue paper designs and accents can create a completely differently look. Make luminaries for your summer parties, holiday festivities or even fun kids events. I used real candles in these luminaries, but you can also use the battery operated tea lights or other lit items. Have fun with it and let me know how it goes!