If you have a Cricut machine, you know it’s great for making paper crafts. What about making gifts for your kids? Today I’ll show you how to make a matching girl and doll sparkly t-shirt set featuring a Love Art design I created. Use glitter iron-on vinyl to create this handmade gift she will love! I went with the gold glitter because sparkle is all the rage right now and my daughter ADORES the sparkle! Pair this shirt set with a pretty glitter gold tulle skirt and you have an outfit perfect for a princess!
Girl and Doll Matching Love Art Shirts
This is a really simply handmade gift that you’ll have fun making and she will love wearing!
Materials you need
- Cricut Explore™ machine
- Cricut Design Space™ free online design software
- 12″ x 12″ StandardGrip Cricut® cutting mat
- Cricut® Iron-on Glitter in Gold
- Doll t-shirt in white
Girl t-shirt in black
- Love Art image designed by Jen Goode available through Cricut Design Space (image #M753BB)
To make this girl and doll matching shirt set project:
In a nutshell…
- Go to the Girl and Doll matching shirt project page in Cricut Design Space.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to cut out the designs.
- Remove excess glitter vinyl so only the art design is showing.
- Iron each design on the appropriate shirt.
- Wrap it and up and put a gift tag on it!
You only need one piece of glitter iron-on vinyl and the 1 design to create both shirts. you’ll be able to resize the cut design however you like, from the admin in the Design Space software. It’s SO EASY! What I really love most about this project is that you can fit the size of the design to the size of the shirt/s you want to make. I created this example to fit a 6 year old girl and her 18″ doll. But you could make a Mom and Daughter shirt set if you’d like, or give the Monster High dolls a little custom shirt. Whatever you’d like, but grab some iron-on vinyl and go!
You can change up the colors or the shirt style you use to create different looks. Use pink vinyl on a teal shirt for a cut spring look or use white vinyl on the black shirt for a great contrast and ode to chalkboard art. You can change the look just by changing colors to fit your little darlings favorite shade. What ever look you are going for, this gift idea is sure to be a hit!
Don’t have your own Cricut Machine? You can buy one here…