Free Cut file day! Today's freebie is a free Family SVG cut file for you to use when decorating for all your family gatherings. This cut file includes 3 cut layers and a draw layer so you can customize the look and use however you'd like. Use this design with your Cricut projects, you can also combine letters to create a single word art cut design.
Free Family Word Art SVG Cut File
I'm using the Family cut file to decorate a fall wreath I made earlier this season. You can use the design for cards or decor or whatever you like.
In this example, I choose to color each of the 3 cut layers a different color. Then, I flattened all 3 layers to make a Print-the-Cut design with my Cricut machine.
You could cut all the layers individually from colored cardstock, glitter cardstock or even your favorite fabric. Make a family banner or create fabric appliques for a sewing projects. Have fun this this design, I'd love to see what YOU come up with!
To create this Family word art banner:
- Family word art SVG cut file (download below)
- Cricut Machine
- Cricut Design Space
- Cardstock (or use colored cardstock and cut instead of print-then-cut).
- Upload design to Cricut Design Space
- Size design as you'd like and set to print-then-cut. Flatten design as necessary. Make sure to hide draw line if you'd like your design to look as shown.
- Follow on-screen instructions to print-then letters.
- Cut a long piece of twine that spans the length of your banner, leaving 6-12″ extra on either side.
- Apply a little glue to the top back of each letter and place twine in the glue.
- Allow to dry.
Project Ideas using this Family Word Art Cut File
- Family banner decor
- Family wall art
- Note cards or greeting cards for family
- Table centerpiece
- Fabric accents for a quilt or throw
- Decorative Family word art mantel decor
- Word art design for the porch
- Mini banner decor for a cake topper (or pie?)
What fun project ideas do you have?
More Free SVG Cut Files for You
Check out these other fun fall cut file designs created by some of my blogging friends.
Make all kinds of Thanksgiving decor and family accents with all these free cut files!
- Thanks and Giving from Liz on Call
- Count your blessings from A girl and a glue gun
- Family from 100 directions
- Be full of Thanks and Giving from Tried and True
- Thankful for you from Persia Lou