Let’s talk about easy Pumpkin Spice cake mix cookies. October means Fall colors and Fall flavors and some of the best recipes are full of Fall spice. Pumpkin spice is a favorite for sure, so today I’ll show you how to make your own delicious pumpkin spice cookies in just a few steps. I’m also going to show you how you can decorate these yummy treats with fun fall designs. PS, I think these are my favorite cake mix cookies yet, let’s start making!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cookies
I love using cake mixes to make cookies, especially for specialty flavors. Cake mix cookies are a little softer and full of rich flavor and these pumpkin spice in this cake mix is perfect with cream cheese frosting.
- Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Perfectly Pumpkin Premium Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (coconut oil would probably work too)
- 1/4 cup water
- Chopped Walnuts – optional
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Mix all ingredients
- Spoon dough on to cookie sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Spread white frosting on to cookies with a spoon, while warm, for a glazed style cookie.
- Allow cookies to cool for at least 15 minutes before frosting with drawn decorations.
To make nice round cookies, roll dough into balls, place on cookie sheet and flatten each ball. If the dough is sticky, place in the fridge for 15 minutes before rolling into balls. I dip a spoon into flour and use to flatten into the round cookies.
Colored Cream Cheese Frosting for Cookie Decorating
- Use Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- Food coloring
- Small bowls for mixing in the color
- Plastic bags or frosting bags
- Frosting tips
- I use toothpicks to mix in the color, you can also use a small spatula or spoon.
- and food coloring to create the decorating colors you’d like to use.
- I mix each color in a small bowl and then scoop frosting into plastic bags with frosting tips.
- Draw the decorations on baked cookies. I use the same drawing techniques as used for royal icing. Draw the outline of the design first and then fill in. Layer different frosting colors for a fun fall look.
- I created leaves, stripes, dots in yellow, orange and red to create these fun fall cake mix cookies. You could also draw cute pumpkins, candy corn or other fall designs… get creative and have fun with it!
Tip: Store the cookies in a air tight container to keep them moist.
Connect with Pillsbury™on Facebook
Where to buy
You can buy the yummy Pillsbury™ Limited Edition Fall Flavor Baking Mixes in the seasonal section at Target.
Save 10% on Pillsbury™ Baking items from 9/25-10/22 t Target stores – shop now