Today we're making DIY spiderweb t-shirts! When you need a costume and have under 30 minutes to make it, grab some glow-in-the-dark paint and a t-shirt. You can make any kind of design you want, I think of all the fun, spooky designs, spiderwebs are really some of the easiest. They don't have to be straight nor measured, you can kind of fake it and they still turn out pretty good. I'll show you how!
DIY Spiderweb T-shirt
Supplies you need:
- Black t-shirt – cotton is best.
- Tulip Glow-in-the-dark Dimensional fabric paint – its the bottle with the really narrow, pointy tip.
- Put a piece of cardboard inside your t-shirt so it lays flat and has a protective layer between the front and back fabric.
- Starting with the middle of the design, make a kind of geometric swirl shape.
- Draw 5 lines that start at the swirl you just made and move away from the center. We'll call these the foundation lines.
- Draw curved lines from each of foundation lines. I like to start at the outer most section of the web and work my way towards the center.
- Make sure each curve comes close to connecting with the curve line in the segment next to it. As you go around the web making curves, the lines will get shorter and you'll start to see your spiderweb take shape.
You can use a different color of paint if you prefer. Because this is for Halloween, I like the idea of the glow-in-the-dark paint so there's extra night fun.
Hard to see here.. but get ready… here's the glow…
As soon as I can get someone else to take a photo of me that is less blurry than the one I just took, I'll share with you. In the meantime… please enjoy the following fabulous 15 minute or less Halloween projects from today's Craft Lightning blog partners!
Today's featured partner projects are full of spooky fun and a lot of twinkly lights. From luminaries to sequins, there's a whole bunch of shiny things going on over here.
Pretty Sequin Pumpkins from The Country Chic Cottage – I don't know Angie continually comes up with such brilliant ideas!
Creepy Cheesecloth Mason Jars from The Silly Pearl
Pottery Barn Inspired Halloween Boo Sign from One Krieger Chick
Bleach Pen Halloween T-shirt from Sowdering About
DIY Halloween Luminaries from Frog Prince Paperie
3D Paper Spiders from Redo Mom
Halloween Night Lights from One Artsy Moma
Mason Jar Mummies from Here Comes the Sun
Creepy Vine Costume from 30 Minute Crafts
I love when there are so many choices of things to make and when they take less than 15 minutes… you can make a whole bunch of them! I see a ton of Halloween crafting ahead! What's your favorite quick craft from today?
3 thoughts on “Easy DIY Spiderweb T-shirt”
Love the spider web t-shirt idea. Thanks for sharing this and all of your creations with us.
Thank you so much!
LOVE the glowing shirt!!!