This is my husband's all time favorite cookie – Magic Cookie Bars (did you hear the angels sing?). So we always make sure to we make a batch or 3 during the holidays. Magic Cookie Bars are an easy cookie recipe for kids to help with as there is no detailed mixing involved. You can add in your own favorite chip flavors, however, I haven't tried it yet without nuts, so I'm not sure if you can make a good nut free version or not.
Magic Cookie Bars
Make one batch or make a whole bunch. We love to share these cookies with friends and family. They are easy to make and taste so YUMMY!
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup Vanilla Waffers or Graham cracker, crumbs
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened condensed milk
- Coconut flakes
- Chopped nuts (we use walnuts)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate chips
- 9×12″ glass baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into baking dish and spread evening.
- Put graham crackers or vanilla wafers in food processor until they are fine crumbs, sprinkle over melted butter in dish.
- Layer remaining ingredients evenly dish: sweetened condensed milk, coconut, nuts, chips, coconut, chips.
- Press down firmly to pack ingredients.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Let cool at least 1 hour, cut into bars.
Tips: I like to use parchment paper on top of the ingredients when I am pressing down into the pan. Also, I prefer to let cool on the counter over night before cutting. Storing at room temperature works best for us.