Get out the casserole dish, we're making Tuna Casserole today! I love this recipe, it's full of veggies and the kids love it. The key to this recipe is the right mac n cheese, tuna – of course – peas and onions. You can mix in a whole variety of other veggies depending on what your family likes. I'm using Horizon Organic Mac with Pasta Shells and white cheddar cheese. The shells make it fun and the Horizon organic white cheddar makes it so delicious!
White Cheddar Tuna Casserole
- 1 box of Horizon Organic Mac Pasta Shells and White Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Horizon Butter (salted or unsalted ok)
- 3/4 cup Horizon Organic Milk
- 1 package Horizon organic white cheddar shredded cheese
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 can Tunafish in water – drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
How to make White Cheddar Tuna Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook up the Horizon pasta. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil, stir in pasta, cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The pasta should be firm but cooked. Drain.
- Combine White the pasta is cooking, place the butter, milk, contents of Horizon Organic Mac cheese sauce packet, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, chopped onion and cauliflower in the casserole dish. Place dish in the oven and allow to melt together.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, drain water and stir pasta into casserole dish mixture.
Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese, tuna and peas.
- Sprinkle with more shredded cheese and a dash of black pepper.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Top each serving with a few fresh (or freshly thawed) peas and a slice of sweet red pepper.
Tip: for a creamier casserole, increase the milk and cheese.
Add more veggies: You can add all kinds of veggies to this casserole. Carrots are another favorite of ours. If you use fresh veggies, make sure to pre-cook the more firm vegetables so they are a little less crunchy when mixed in the casserole.
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family does. Mac n Cheese Tuna Casserole is one of our family Favorites! Sometimes I keep it super simple and just add tuna and peas… Horizon Organic Pasta Shells and White Cheddar Cheese adds a perfect flavor combination, you're going to love.
Looking for more Yummy Horizon Mac n Cheese recipes? Check out the Horizon Mac n Cheese recipes on Pinterest.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
READER COMMENT DISCLAIMER
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.