tacos are pretty simple to make, but plan ahead and you can have a 15 minute soft taco dinner. Quick dinners can be really tough sometimes. When all the kids have different activities and we're running in multiple directions, it's so easy to just grab some fast food and go. Instead, try making your own fast food with quick recipes that are no hassle to make. You'll get healthier food options and you don't have to spend a lot of time.
15 Minute Soft Taco Dinner
I like to prepare make-ahead food so that meals are quicker and easier to put together when I need them. For 15 minute tacos, I cook the ground beef ahead of time and stored it in an air-tight container in the fridge. You can also use chicken in these tacos too!
- Cooked ground beef – pre-season the beef however you'd like
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped lettuce
- Tomatoes, peppers and other veggies you enjoy on your tacos
- Soft flour tortillas
- Place some ground beef and shredded cheese in the center of the tortilla.
- Place 4-6 meat and cheese tortillas in a casserole dish. Roll the tortillas closed so the meat and cheese is inside, like a burrito.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and microwave for 2.5 minutes on high. Make sure the meat is hot and the cheese is melted.
- Open the tortillas back up and top with lettuce, salsa and any other taco yumminess.
Tip: by rolling the tortilla closed and then covering with plastic wrap, the tortilla should stay nice and soft even though you'd microwaved it. If you have more time, top with cheese and bake these in the oven for about 30 minutes and you'll have some delicious burritos you can top with all your favorite flavors.
The trick really is in cooking the meat ahead of time. I usually cook up a couple pounds of meat on the weekend and then store it so it can be used throughout the week for different meals. For ground beef, I season with garlic and salt so it's flavored but will also compliment any use I have in mind. I'll also use the beef in meals like spaghetti and chili.
Looking for more quick and easy food ideas?
Do you have a favorite quick meal? Leave a little note in the comments below and tell me about it! I'm always looking for more ideas to try.