This is a double cheer spreading story, so I had to share! This year daughter decided to make cookies that give back. She isn't giving the cookies to anyone to be charitable, instead, she made cookies to sell around the neighborhood to earn money to be able to buy items on a wish list… of a local family in need. The best part, none of this was my idea… she's done all this herself. How brilliant is that? I wish I HAD thought of it!
Find out below how you can enter to win a $25 gift card!
Make Cookies that Give Back
This whole idea of creating to contribute couldn't have come along at a better time. My daughter had just asked if she could make something to sell to earn money. Then I received an email asking if I wanted to get involved in the #SpreadCheer campaign with Betty Crocker. – Hello, Perfect timing! So off we went to our local Walmart to hunt down the Betty Crocker cookie mixes. They were super easy to find. We picked Chocolate chip (Betty Crocker, Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, 1lb 1.5oz pouch) because we love it and we couldn't think of a single person that doesn't love chocolate chip cookies! Then my daughter did the rest.
These cookie mixes just call for an egg and a stick of butter… mix it up, drop the dough on a baking sheet and bake. Tah Dah, that's it! My 8 year old managed all by herself.. even with my constant interruptions to take pictures of her baking day. She didn't make any kind of fancy cookie, just straight up classic chocolate chip. But the result fantastic and her sales were a success.
And of course, baking was done in footy pajamas with a cute hood… and then she had to change for her finished product photos. Such the star!
After the cookies were cooled. She packed up 2 cookies per bag and tied them with a pretty bow. She made her own little thank you tags and then set off to sell some cookies!
One happy little 8 year old on a mission to help another family with cookies! She's got another couple weeks to raise more money. I'm so proud of her for sharing and I'm thankful for Betty Crocker helping make this activity a giant success. I'm sure we will be making more cookies to secretly drop off at neighbor's doors. Give us a week… she'll be making dozens more cookies for sure!
The SpreadCheer Mission
Make the world a better place this Christmas when you spread cheer with the gift of cookies! When you surprise your favorite people with fresh-baked goodness made straight from the heart, you're letting them know that their good deeds don't go unnoticed. Celebrate the season by spreading cheer with cookies, and help get the word out to inspire others to keep the celebration going. This Christmas, giving back is easier than ever with simple cookie recipes from Betty Crocker.
I tag YOU! You're next – jump in and #SpreadCheer this year with some cookies and a great big smile too. I'd love to hear how you are going to pass it on! To help you along the way, Betty Crocker has free printables and recipe ideas you can use.
- A step by step guide to inspire your #SpreadCheer adventure, share with your friends AND grab a coupon for your cookie mixes (YAY!)
- Cookie Coloring page – decorate your own gingerbread man, Christmas tree or star – I think you need to add sprinkles for sure!
- Cute Printable Christmas Gift Tags – love these Cheer inspiring messages.
More ways to SpreadCheer
You do not have to start selling your home made cookies to get involved in this fun campaign. Instead, share a smile… with a chocolate chip cookie attached – that's so easy!
- Secret surprise your neighbors. Remember how you Booed your neighbors for Halloween? Spread some cheer for the holiday season! You can print out a couple copies of the coloring page and include a little note with your cookies, dropping them off at your neighbor's door.
- Give a gift of cookies to someone special. Bake up a batch of your favorite flavors, wrap them up with a pretty little bow, attach a printable gift tag and then deliver.
- Mason Jar Gifts filled with cookies are amazing! Fill a mason jar with your favorite Betty Crocker cookie mix, attach a printable gift tag and send this yummy DIY gift on it's way. Everyone loves a great mason jar gift, right?
For a chance to win a $25 Gift Card
A giveaway for you
1 lucky reader will receive $25 via Paypal or Amazon so they can spread a little extra cheer this year!
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Winner will be notified within 24 hours of closing date (12/12/2015).
- Winner has 24 hours to reply or a new winner will be selected.
- Winner can choose between $25 Paypal or Amazon gift card.
Don't forget to #SpreadCheer and nominate your friends! When you tweet, tag friends to get involved!
For more inspiration, recipes and ways to #SpreadCheer, visit the Betty Crocker #SpreadCheer page and make sure to tell your friends! I'd love to hear how you make cookies to give back, stop back by and let me know! How would you #SpreadCheer this year?