I recently had an error show up on my main JGoode.com blog which runs on WordPress. The error started out with semget() failed: and continued on about permission denied and cache and phase 2, etc. etc. and all I could think was What? Where did THAT come from?
I hadn’t changed anything recently.
So I did a little goggle digging and found a short article that talked about What to do if you get the semget() failed: Permission denied in wp-cache error. This was indeed my error, but looking through the fix the writer said it was due to the wp-cache plugin. I thought, I don’t have a cache plugin (I know, I should). So I went digging through my wp admin.
Sure enough, I had NO active version of any cache plugins. I did, however have a deactive version. Since I wasn’t using it anyway I went ahead and deleted the plugin and VOILA, problem solved.
Another successful lesson learned in the journey to re-program my pack-rat mentality.
Note to self: not everything has to be saved “just in case”. Sometimes things saved are problem starters.