I am finding that my family is stuck eating fast food or quickie dinners the older the kids get and I don't like it. Our schedules get more hectic and there's less time to cook a decent meal. I'm determined to change that! I was experimenting with the theory about baking uncooked pasta and came up with a great meal you can throw in the oven and it's ready an hour later, while you've been doing something else on your list.
- 2 cups Rotini noodles
- 1 32 oz can spaghetti sauce
- 1.5 cups water
- 4 mushrooms cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup grape tomatos (bite-sized tomato piece would work fine too)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella or colby jack)
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 chopped onions (optional)
- Seasoning – I use McCormick's Perfect Pinch Tuscan seasoning
How to make this Easy Pasta Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large casserole dish (preferably with a lid), place your pasta.
- Pour spaghetti sauce on top of the noodles.
- Put all veggies on top of pasta and sauce.
- Add seasoning
- Pour in water – do not stir.
- Cover with cheese shredded cheese.
- Place lid on the dish or cover with aluminum foil.
- Put in Oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
You could mix this recipe up with your own favorite ingredients. Include zucchini or carrots, even add browned meat if you like. The extra water allows the pasta to cook correctly without having to pre-cook the noodles. You can also add extra seasoning if you like, fresh or dried.
I'd love to hear what you think if you've made this recipe. Do you have a favorite quick and easy recipe?