Every now and then the jpeg icons on an Apple computer will stop displaying the image they represent. I'm not real sure what causes this or if there is a way to prevent it. However, I do know an easy fix…
If you have a similar problem, the first thing you should do is try to repair your disk permissions, here's how:
- Close down all your currently open applications.
- Run the Disk utility permission repair program by going to Applications > Utilies > Disk Utility
- Then click on the disk image for your computer
- On the lower left on the right side of the window there is a button that says “Repair Disk Permissions”.
- Click this and let it do it's magic.
- Once Disk Utility has finished running through and repairing permissions, restart your computer.
Voila, you'r jpeg icon images should be displaying correctly.