Do you love peanut butter, bananas and chocolate? I'm pretty sure I do now, this peanut butter banana fudge frosting is the best food creation I've made in a long time! It goes perfectly with homemade banana bread muffins… drool! Some of the yummiest things I've made are experiments created out of necessity.. or laziness. Earlier this week, I needed cupcakes for a printable art set I had designed but I really didn't want to run to the store to buy anything. So I dug through the pantry and found a box of banana bread mix but I didn't have any frosting. So I started brainstorming.. what do I have that goes with banana. I threw some fudge, peanut butter and a mashed banana into a bowl and tried it out. Oh YUM!
The texture is a little weird because the bananas are an odd texture when they are mashed. But once the concoction is put on top of a banana bread muffin, it's delightful. I didn't do any exact measuring, so you might want to play with the amounts if you prefer more chocolate or more banana, etc.
- 1/2 cup fudge topping – not heated
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 mashed banana – medium size
Peanut Butter Banana Fudge Frosting
- Put all 3 ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix well. The frosting will be lumpy, that's ok, that's mini chunks of banana. You could put it in a food processor and mix until creamy, but I prefer the little chunks.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes to allow the banana to rest. Then spoon on to your cupcakes or muffins and hide one before the kids eat them all up.
This is a great frosting to make for muffins because there is no extra sugar added. You might even be able to call this good for breakfast! I added a little cream cheese frosting decoration and some orange crystal sprinkles to make these muffins look like yummy fall cupcakes. I think the kids would have eaten them either way. You can add whatever other decorations you'd like or leave the peanut butter banana fudge frosting to be it's own star in the show. I'd love to hear what you think!