Today I’m sharing a project idea featuring Me and My Peeps decals designed by Laura Kelly. Usually you see these cute line drawing people on the back of family cars. However, you can use these same decals to personalize all kinds of things. My kids love to draw and color and lately I’ve seen a ton of personalized fashion products for kids. Bags the girls can color, necklaces they put together and personalize, Barbie dresses you add your own bling to… even stuffed animals that you color and draw on. So I thought I’d make a doodle board that my daughter can use to create her own doodle fashion using a cute Me and My peeps girl decal.
- ‘Me and My Peeps’ Decal
- Picture Frame
- Buttons (Buttons Galore and More)
- Black paper
- Adhesive (I used hot glue)
- Marvy Uchida Bistro markers (to color with)
Instructions to make your own doodle board:
This is also a great craft for kids to make themselves! Make sure to use adhesive appropriate for the age. Beacon’s 3-in-1 is great for all ages but you will need to allow for dry time before playing with the board.
- Remove the glass in the frame and apply the Me and My Peeps decal per the package directions. Make sure you put the decal on the INSIDE of the glass so when drawing on the glass, you don’t draw directly on the decal.
- Decorate the frame with ribbon and buttons, adhering in place with glue. I wove the ends of the ribbon to add a decorative look to the corners of the frame.
- Put the glass back in the frame and add a black piece of paper to the inside. Close the frame up a required.
- Once everything is dry and set you can doodle with the Bistro chalk markers right on the glass. Have fun making new designs over and over again!
I love love these markers, they work on non-porous surfaces and are ment to write brightly and wipe off cleanly. They are perfect for this doodle on glass, reusable drawing board!
This project is in conjunction with a fun Blog Hop event with Laura Kelly. Special thanks to the following Sponsors and Promoting Partners:
Check out all the other great projects being featured today: